Effective date: 07-07-2020
I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association (“ESN Alumni Association”, “us”, “we”, “our” or “the Alumni Association”) operates the www.esntilburgalumni.nl website and provides services to alumni of Studentenvereniging I* ESN Tilburg (International Exchange Erasmus Student Network).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our website or use our services and the choices you have associated with that data.
Personal Data is defined as data about a living individual who can be identified using that data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected or generated automatically by the use of www.esntilburgalumni.nl, or by you providing us with it when buying a membership, product or ticket to events.
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) is defined as any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is defined as any living individual who is using our services and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our services to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
· Email address
· First name and last name
· Phone number
· Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
· IBAN/Bank details
· Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. It is not possible to opt out of service emails that are sent to you in order to ensure the quality of our services. An example of a service email is one containing information on an event that you will be joining.
We may also collect information on how www.esntilburgalumni.nl is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our services, to improve and customise our services. You can enable or disable location services when you use www.esntilburgalumni.nl at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to see or use some of our online services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
· Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our services.
· Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
· Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association uses the collected data for various purposes:
· To provide and maintain our services
· To notify you about changes to our services
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so
· To provide member support
· To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
· To monitor the usage of our services
· To detect, prevent and address technical issues
· To provide you with information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive certain information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association may process your Personal Data because:
· You want to become a member
· You have given us permission to do so directly
· You have given us permission to do so via an exit survey of Studentenvereniging I* ESN Tilburg (International Exchange Erasmus Student Network)
You have signed up for the newsletter or I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association.
· The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
· For payment processing purposes
· To comply with the law
Retention of Data
I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the Netherlands and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the Netherlands and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
· To comply with a legal obligation
· To protect and defend the rights or property of I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association
· To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our services
· To protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public
· To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the case of a data breach that compromises the safety of your personal data, you will be informed within 72 hours.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association is therefore required to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us via email: email@example.com[NK7]
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
· The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
· The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
· The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
· The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
· The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
· The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate www.iesntilburg.nl (“Service Providers”), provide the services on our behalf, perform services-related services or assist us in analysing how www.esntilburgalumni.nl is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of www.esntilburgalumni.nl.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may provide paid products and/or services within www.esntilburgalumni.nl. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
· SOFORT Banking
· Bancontact/Mister Cash
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our services do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
· By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· By visiting this page on our website: https://www.esntilburgalumni.nl/