If you require any more information or have any questions about our Terms of Service, please feel free to contact us by email.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full and without reservation. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights published on this website and materials used on www.esntilburgalumni.nl. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages, files or other content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website in neither print nor digital media or documents (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- redistribute material from this website – except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution;
- republish or reproduce any part of this website through the use of iframes or screenscrapers.
- Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of www.esntilburgalumni.nl or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to this website without I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Associations’s express written consent. This includes:
- data mining
- data extraction
- data harvesting
- ‘framing’ (iframes)
- Article ‘Spinning’
- You must not use this website or any part of it to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without the express written consent of www.esntilburgalumni.nl.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association reserves the right to restrict access to certain areas of this website, or at our discretion, this entire website. I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association may change or modify this policy without notice.
If www.esntilburgalumni.nl provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential. You alone are responsible for your password and user ID security. I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association may disable your user ID and password at www.esntilburgalumni.nl’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all;
- or the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association and undertake to keep www.esntilburgalumni.nl indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association may take such action as I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
I*ESN Tilburg Alumni Association may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with www.esntilburgalumni.nl’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of The Netherlands.
- A regular membership costs 40 euros.
- 10 euros of your membership will be donated to I*ESN Tilburg.
- It is possible to do an additional donation, on top of your regular membership.
- Your membership is valid from the day of purchase until the same day of the subsequent year.
- You may cancel your membership with a notice period of one month before the renewal date. Your membership will be renewed for another year if you do not regard this timeframe.
- If not cancelled, your membership will be renewed after one year without notice.
- You have the right to retract your membership until 14 days after purchase.
- Your membership is not transferable to another person.
- Your membership fee must be paid on the last day of the month in which you became a member or your membership fee will be automatically cashed on the last day of the month in which you became a member.
- After the legal period of 14 days, there will be no refund of your membership fee if your membership is taken away from you by vote of the General Members’ Meeting or early cancellation by yourself.
- There will be no refund of any donations you may give.
- Membership allows you to join all events organised by the Alumni Association. For some of these events additional costs may be added and must be paid for your participation.
- Membership allows you to bring a guest to the events organised by the Alumni Association.
- Membership allows you to participate in committees of the Alumni Association.
- Membership allows you to participate in the General Members’ Meeting, where you have the right of speech and the right to vote on motions, as described in the Rules of Procedure.
- Membership allows you entrance to Carpe Noctem two times per semester.
- During events in Carpe Noctem, or other venues, the house rules of the venues are leading. The responsible person of the given venue may deny you access or send you away at their own discretion.